Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ayn Rand vs. Evolutionary Psychology

Rand vs. Evolutionary Psychology: Part 1, Bryan Caplan | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty

Is it appropriate to say that you love something like Evolutionary Psychology?   It's probably fine, but it doesn't make much sense.  So, instead I'll say that I find the field informative in the way that makes me want to start school over and dedicate my life to the field...sometimes.  Since that's not an option, I'll just continue to use it to inform my beliefs about economics (broad category).

I also enjoyed reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.  Some of her non-fiction resonated as well, most of what I've read actually.  So I hate to see Rand and Ev. Psych in conflict.

When the two fight, I'd have to side with Ev. Psych. 

No comments: